Subaru teams up with Guinness to set the record straight

Wicked Big Meet 2007

It looks like Subaru has teamed up with Guinness World Records to try and set the record for the “largest parade of Subaru cars”.

The recent announcement comes in the form of a press release from Subaru of America. The event is planned to take place on July 11th at 9 am in Itasca, Illinois.

However if you ask me, I don’t think they’ll have much on Wicked Big Meet. Sure, it may be an official Subaru meet, sponsored by SOA themselves, but who drives a Subaru in Illinois? (I honestly don’t know) Why not come to the New England area, where the most Subaru’s are sold? (I believe Vermont is the current leading state)

In addition, I predict they won’t be able to beat the famous Colin McRae ceremony either, which was held with an estimated of 1,100 Subarus. Although McRae’s ceremony and Wicked Big Meet weren’t official, they’re still considered awesome bragging rights.

Subaru of America, Inc.’s Great Lakes Region, in Partnership with the Village of Itasca, Attempts to Set a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS(TM) Record
– Plans ‘Largest Parade of Subaru Cars’ in the World –
ITASCA, Ill., June 19 /PRNewswire/ — Subaru of America, Inc.’s Great Lakes Region, in partnership with the Village of Itasca, announced today that it will attempt to set a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS(TM) record for the “Largest Parade of Subaru Cars.” The attempt will take place on July 11, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. The parade will start at 500 Park Boulevard in Itasca, Illinois.

Starting June 22 through July 8, interested participants can register their Subaru in the parade by visiting www.subaru.com/parade.

In celebration of this exciting event, Subaru’s Great Lakes Region will make a donation of $15 per participating Subaru vehicle up to a total donation amount of $7,000. This donation will be shared equally between PAWS Chicago and Salute, Inc. For more information on these organizations please visit their respective websites at www.pawschicago.org/ and www.saluteinc.org/.

An official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS(TM) adjudicator will be on site to observe and confirm this record attempt.

In addition to going for the record and helping raise funds for two great organizations, parade participants:

— Will receive a special gift bag (one per car).

— Are invited to attend Itasca Fest following the GUINNESS WORLD
RECORDS(TM) attempt. This fest is great for the entire family and
features: live entertainment, carnival rides, food, bingo, kids’
entertainment, a three-on-three basketball tournament, and NASA’s
“Journey to Tomorrow” exhibit. For more information visit
www.itasca.com.

— Are eligible for a special event room rate of $89 per night* at The
Westin Chicago Northwest hotel. For your convenience, this four-star,
four-diamond hotel is located within walking distance from the start
of the parade. To make a reservation, simply visit
The event rate is good for parade participants only and based on
availability.
* Rate does not include tax.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

25 Responses to “Subaru teams up with Guinness to set the record straight”

1. Chris says:

Try going to an Rei sale in the Seattle store’s parking garage. Tons!

2. matt says:

it is a new feat if they beat the current world record. good luck

3. Wow those are some sweet pictures, not sure how I missed out on hearing this.

4. paudarco tea says:

You should check this out…

[…] Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a few unrelated data, nevertheless really worth taking a look, whoa did one learn about Mid East has got more problerms as well […]……

5. Dan says:

Wow i have never seen so many Scoobys together! I appreciate ever Subaru owner that attended that day and teamed up with the Guinness world records to achieve the largest parade of Subaru cars.

6. our source says:

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I’m experiencing some minor security problems with my latest site and I would like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any recommendations?

7. google.com says:

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to
    and you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly
    like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.
    You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart.
    I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is really a great
    web site.

8. Very shortly this web page will be famous amid all blogging users, due to it’s pleasant content

9. Hi just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

For the best answer please take a look at this web-site
    weight loss foods

10. Anonymous says:

Hi my family member! I want to say that this
    post is awesome, nice written and include approximately all significant
    infos. I’d like to peer extra posts like this .

11. Thanks for the recommendations you have contributed here. Yet another thing I would like to talk about is that laptop memory requirements generally rise along with other breakthroughs in the technological know-how.
    For instance, if new generations of processors are introduced to the market,
    there is certainly usually a corresponding
    increase in the size demands of both the
    personal computer memory and hard drive space. This is because the application operated simply
    by these processor chips will inevitably rise in power to make new technologies.

12. Gabrielle says:

Essays like this are so important to brednoniag people’s horizons.

13. I really like the fresh perpective you did on the issue. Really was not expecting that when I started off studying. Your concepts were easy to understand that I wondered why I never looked at it before. Glad to know that there’s an individual out there that definitely understands what he’s discussing. Great job

14. Bonjour Bastien,Belle outil. Félicitation.Ton outil pourrait nous intéresser ; j’en parle au groupe avec qui j’avance sur la mise en place d’une monnaie locale. A voir pour la mise en place d’un carte territorialisée sur les richesses de notre territoire, incluant les lieux acceptant notre monnaie.Bonne route et à bientôtJean-Claude

15. look, I’ve joined FriendFeed as well.. ’cause now it’s “cool”. All the promoting of Twitter lately has been rather annoying.. Plus its neat how all these

16. http://www./ says:

At least you and I have learned from our mistakes. As we get older, who really cares what kind of car someone drives? Nothing looks very cool with car seats in it anyways!

17. http://www./ says:

Well, Shantam, looks like you will finally have your wish for a while. Bubbie and Martyn have moved on for the time being by the looks of it. Can’t say I blame them. They say be careful you might get what you want. Now you are free to post your repetative comments about who is running the show in number 17 etc with nobody worthwhile to get on your case. That does not sound very interesting now that I think about it. Anyway, lets see how it goes.

18. http://www./ says:

“Uusien jäsenien värväys: kuinka paljon painoa annetaan uusien jäsenien hankkimiselle ja lähetystyölle.””Lähetysseurat” kerran kuukaudessa paikallisella seurakuntatalolla. Tässä värväyskohdassa pitäisi varmaan tsempata!Jairus

19. http://www./ says:

Thanks for taking the time to post. It’s lifted the level of debate

20. http://www./ says:

Herlig!!! Det gjør litt godt i kroppen nÃ¥r jeg ser pÃ¥ den karen ogsÃ¥…. ;)Du beviser her at kropp selger ja. Noe fint Ã¥ hvile øynene pÃ¥….Selv om det kan være noe flaut…. Eller? 😉 Hehe.

21. http://www./ says:

You…are…my…hero!!! I cant believe something like this exists on the internet! Its so true, so honest, and more than that you dont sound like an idiot! Finally, someone who knows how to talk about a subject without sounding like a kid who didnt get that bike he wanted for Christmas.

22. http://www./ says:

These shoes are comfortable and easy to get used to. I noticed a decrease in how much my belly sticks out after just a day of wearing these while I shopped. So I am glad it helps me rather painlessly build my core strength. I am surprised at the width of the shoe. I wear a EE to EEEE width usually, but was able to fit comfortably into a medium width. I tried them on in a store before ordering them right here, just to be confident. They are a bit pricey, but in this case worth it.

23. I am right there with you. I think i have owned and loved some of the 12 worst cars ever built. i still miss my lada and always smelling like gas.

24. My little sister had eyebrows like that as a baby, and while they’re still quite thick she has definitely grown into them, and has also grown into an absolute stunner. I really don’t think a baby’s eyebrows, of all things, should be the defining factor in her “beauty”. I think Emery is an absolutely gorgeous child, and it bugs me that people can’t get past her eyebrows.

25. mb says:

An insightful and very well presentd lesson, Nathan. This is a simple perspective that could be empasized in our schools from Kindergarten through Graduate School to very good advantage.There’s great value in ‘talking oneself up’ agreed, but we’d all be much further ahead if we’d just release the brakes of self criticism.If I cannot say something good about myself, then I should say nothing at all – this might fit!